2001 ZTEC problem

I have a 2001 SE Wagon with the 2.0 ZETEC engine. When the engine is cold it runs very rough at idle. This can be either sitting still or if I let up off the gas going down a hill or around a curve. Here is the strange part... If I drive it 5 or 6 miles and turn it off for a little while and start it back up it runs a perfectly however if I drive straight home from work, about 10 miles, it runs rough at idle all the way home. I've tried new plugs, air filter, cleaned the PCV valve, and even checked to make sure the timing belt was ok even though I knew that was highly unlikely. The engine has 112k miles on it. Any ideas??

Reply to
SteveT

Take it do a dealer. That's really odd. What brand of gas do you put in it? If you're using gas w/ no additives that could be an issue.

Reply to
K2NNJ