Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Engine failiure
My engine has packed in I had my cam belt changed after major service in october then last week the engine cut out and wouldn't start took it back to garage i had cam belt done they done full...
1
1

Sorry guys... gotta go.
I guess I won't be needing/reading this newsgroup for much longer. I got a new vehicle. Yep - I traded in the '04 Focus ZX5. But you'll be glad to know I kept it in the family - moved over to the...

Re: my car is dead - is it the battery?
I am having the same problems with my 01 Ford Focus. Did any of those help you? I think my problem is the alternator or starter still not sure though

Accelerator damper
I have a 2000 Ford Focus Wagon [ Diesel] I notice that when I take my foot of the accelerator pedal, the engine revs continue for appx two seconds, and then drop down to idle. Seems to me there's a...

removing seat belt plastic cover
Hi, I have a 2006 Ford Focus II (europe). Recently I'm having a problem with a rattling noise coming form the interior B-pillar trim where the seat belt hanger is. In order to eliminate this noise I...

2003 Focus wont start after rain.
Well about 3 weeks ago, my car wouldnt start, I got the battery tested, it said it was a bad battery. So I bought a new battery, and I was on my way. Today, I was driving stopped, I had my window...

2004 Ford Focus - Throttle will not disengage!!!
So, I was driving along this morning to work and traffic started getting heavier. As we slowed down, i could hear the engine was still working pretty hard, even though i had release the gas pedal...
2
2

2000 Ford Focus Power Locks
I have a 2000 Focus SE and the power locks do not work. Here are the issues: 1) All of the power unlock switches do not work. Even when you push any of them you hear no audiable click or anything. 2)...
1
1

update to original post
on 11th jan i posted the following beware, if u drive a 05 focus, brought my 05 focus to ford garage today as i could hear a knocking noise and it was driving me mad, i thought it was coming from rear...

2002 Ford Focus Overheating
I saw a post on here from 2004 about the same thing but never saw the outcome. I have a friend who's car is overheating until the AC is on. He's changed the thermostat out but it doesn't seem to have...

sticking doors
I own a 2000 ford focus wagon. This morning I tried to get into my car and all the door handles were stuck. I live in a coastal area, so weather is usually mild, although this morning it was a bit...
2
2

engine block heater install on 05 focus
how can I install a engine block heater for my 05 focus myself? I went to the dealership for a price quote and they quoted me $400 plus the $87.39 I already paid for in parts. They said they need 4...

How do I change the rear turn signal bulb of 2002 ZX3?
After removing the phillips screw and the hand nut, I still cannot remove the unit. I need detailed instructions as which direction to push or pull the unit off. Should I lift the pointed part at the...
2
2

2002 FORD FOCUS AM/FM CD PLAYER
Anyone know of a compatible unit to replace an AM/FM Tape player? I am thinking it shouldn't be too hard but there will be adapters needed. Most places want you to pay $350 for installation. Ford no...
2
2

2003 Ford Focus Drive Cycle question- Help needed related to catalytic converter
I went to get my state inspection done. The focus failed the inspection, about 5 readouts were not ready. I was told by the tech that I needed to complete a drive cycle, usually 30-50 miles, to reset...
1
1