Any options for outside temperature display?

I'm planning on getting a 2008 Focus. It has everything I want and more, except for an outside temperature display. I believe it has an inside temperature display. I've seen some after market thermometers, and was wondering how well they worked. Does anyone know if Ford offers a solution? I'm planning on calling a Ford dealer next week.

-Thanks

Reply to
somebody

It actually has an outside temperature display. And unless I'm mistaking this with another car I remember reading that the sensor is on the bottom side of the driver's mirror and is not terribly accurate.

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

You must be thinking of another car -- The 2008 focus has inside temperature display only, from everything I've read. However, you can buy a Gentex mirror with homelink, compass, and outside temperature display, which I intend on doing.

Reply to
somebody

There is a product called ScanGaugeII. It is a digital gauge and plugs into the OBDII port. One of the things it'll display is intake temperature.

(this is in my Ford 350, notin my Focus... after accelerating and then taking my foot off the gas P.S. I don't sell it, but I did buy one (I use it mainly for monitoring mileage in the truck).

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Well, I own the 2005 Focus and it has an outside temperature display and it does have the sensor on the bottom side of the driver's mirror. The 2008 Focus is only a facelift of the 2005 so it should have exactly that as well. Of course I'm talking about the European Focus.

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek