05 air filter

I would like to change the air filter in my 2005 Focus ZX4. I'm wondering where the filter is located. There is a black box in front of the battery compartment on the driver's side, in the very front of the engine compartment. This black box is held closed with two small bolts, not clips as I have seen in other Ford cars. The box is connected to the air intake plenum.

Is that the filter compartment?

Thanks for any comments.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:19:16 -0500, Caesar Romano wrote Re 05 air filter:

Well I've done some research, and apparently the air filter is part of the emissions control system that is designed for 100k miles. Replacement of the filter is supposed to be a dealer-service only job.

I've never heard of a 100k air filter.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:03:10 -0800, Blinky the Shark wrote Re Re: 05 air filter:

Blinky!

I haven't seen you hanging around alt.comp.freeware lately. Are you lurkng there?

How many miles do you have on the air filter now?

Reply to
Caesar Romano

I hadn't either, until I bought my first car made since the 1970s -- my

2003 Focus.
Reply to
Blinky the Shark

No, I left there six years ago, when: 1. the group turned into a pile of shit and 2. I adopted Linux as my primary operating system.

Around 55,000.

Reply to
Blinky the Shark