Speedometer ford focus 2001 1.4 zetec se

hello all

i send this message to the group at 17 jul 2006

(speedometer of my ford focus 1,4 ZETEC SE 2001 gasoline sometimes stops working, goes for zero during some seconds,and odometer stops working to, later return to work again, someone knows what it can be ?)

but my focus in the last months it has been good, but now it did happen again, in this discussion it was spoken about the Vehicle speed sensor, but do I find strange that , the sensor is good and turn to damage alone? anyway I cant find it , does anybody have a picture to help me?

When this happens the display showing distance travelled will show the numbers and not the "----" until the sensor starts working again like we see in another message.

When this happens I feel too a small fail in the motor (power loss in a few miliseconds ), what takes me to look for the panel and see the speedometer in zero. but the motor continues to working well.

Thank you all for your help.

Reply to
<vitor-ferreira

As you were told when you first posted, without any doubt at all the problem is caused by a faulty vehicle speed sensor. It's a very common failure.

The fault will slowly get worse. (This might take months.) Only one thing is certain; it won't get better!

The sensor only costs about 25UKP, so why not just change it, or get a local garage to do it if you are not sure where it is?

You can find more information here:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Reply to
oktopusinc

I am sorry but i dont understand you , you are saying you change the VSS ? and does not solve the problem?

Thank you.

"oktopusinc" escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
<vitor-ferreira

Chaps - PLEASE stop top-posting! It makes it almost impossible to make sense of the thread.

Each new reply should go at the bottom of the previous one. If you are not sure how to post on Usenet there is a lot of information out there on how to do it - just Google!

To the OP: It is always possible that a problem may have another solution. However, the odds of your problem *not* being caused by a faulty VSS are about 1,000 to one against! It is not that expensive to replace it. Why not just do it?

The newer sensors are improved, so the chances are that yours will fail at some point anyway.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

[..]

[..]

Indeed, a common cancer and not what RFC 1855* suggests how to reply on usenet. Though I see some completely broken nntp reader and posting though groups.google, making it questionable if people know at all what usenet is?

  • "Netiquette Guidelines RFC1855"

Exactly, I took the freedom to rearrange the thread with this reply, to enhance readability.

Haven't looked that deep into the problem, though mine shows this effect perhaps once a year for one time, so I didn't care that much until now. Though it seems from reading here, the VSS is the usual reason for the problem.

Reply to
Michael Heiming