Focus electrical problem solved

I just thought I'd post the solution to my problem here in case anyone else has probs with their electrics.

What the problem was with my fuses blowing and lights on the dash and instruments failing was due to a short in a wire behind the radio. There is a piece of metal behind there with a sharp edge on it and the wire loom was resting on it and so every time i went over a bump in the road etc it would rub against the sharp edge of this piece of metal eventually cutting through the wires. (poor design on Fords part I'd say)

Anyway my problem is solved now, good luck with yours.

Reply to
John

Thanks, What year and model Focus? Gary

Reply to
Gary Avrett

Reply to
John

Yes, My son had a 2001. They had other design flaws on the Z3. If the rear bumper was ever hit, no matter if it was not hard it had a tendancy to split the outer covering on a very sharp edge of the internal steel bumper.

Reply to
Gary Avrett