Ford Focus special: Vignale Coupé Cabriolet

They're just scanning the market, so let's hear your opinion folks!

Yes, i know the article is in dutch, just click the images OK? ;-)

Study-model designed by the british bunch of Ford designers, in honour of Alfredo Vignale (1913 ? 1969), so you'll have aluminium and chrome in the right places, leather and suede interior and 20" alu wheels.

Not bad IMHO.

Reply to
Zweef®

Ugh... 20" wheels? Are we in L.A.? Bling Bling! I'd like to see the Focus even try to pull the skin off of a pudding with heavy, 20" chromes. And the whole folding hardtop thing is getting a bit out of hand. What was wrong with the aesthetics of a good cloth roof? Why do we have to lose trunk space and carry around an extra 100kg? Why do we have to put up with huge asses on cars like the 307 and Megane to accomodate these mechanical marvels? Nowadays, the windshield header on most compact convertibles extends so far back, you practically have glass over your head even when the roof is open. It all seems rather pointless.

For me, a convertible should be small, light, nimble and rear wheel drive. My money for something unique built off the Focus platform would go to a delicate little coupe (fixed roof) with a mildly breathed on motor, a nice set of light 16" or 17" wheels and a factory approved suspension from someone like Koni. I'd see it as the spiritual descendent of the Lancia Fulvia HF.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

Man I wan one of those! Where to I send my deposit?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Pigott