Fuel usage?

Hi!

Finally managed not to drive more then 100mph between filling up fuel. Was mostly creeping with 70-85mph, 29mpg (8.1 l/100km) was the result, (2l Zetec DOHC engine), had expected something better. Usually get 25-27mpg (8.5-9.5 l/100km) without that much care.

What are your experiences?

Reply to
Michael Heiming

5 speed '01 zx3, have just over 40k on it, been getting pretty much consistently 30 mpg., generally do 80-90 mph when feasible, mostly freeway driving with some city driving. Thing is, try to use the shift arrows even though I have a lead foot. Have no idea what the EPA rating for the vehicle is, and epa ratings are done a lower speeds, gentle acceleration, etc. No this from personal experience as I did some driving years ago when FoMoCo was attempting to get the mileage ratings for the Escort upped, round about '84, worked for the survey company contracted to do the driving.

John Cairns

Reply to
John Cairns

In alt.autos.ford.focus John Cairns :

That's close enough to the 29mpg I got with a little care. The usual 25-27mpg (8.5-9.5 l/100km) always contain a few km with or near Vmax, then the engine starts guzzling and you can watch the fuel gauge fall. ;(

[..]
Reply to
Michael Heiming

I've averaged 33.5 MPG (8.5 l/100km)over the past 6000 miles in a 2.0 Zetec manual trans - usually running on 95 octane fuel.

MK

Reply to
MK

In alt.autos.ford.focus MK :

Yep, mine is although manual trans, always forgot to point that out as about 95% of cars GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94) mail: echo snipped-for-privacy@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/' #bofh excuse 146: Communications satellite used by the military for star wars.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

I was using British gallon - I'm getting about 27 or 28 miles per US gallon.

MK

Reply to
MK

Pretty much dead on what I get with a 2003 ZTW. Overall average since new is 9L/100Km. Lots of in town driving with occasional highway use, where it gets a good bit better mileage.

Reply to
Way