door problems....

My car (2001 Wagon, Canadian) intermittently thinks that the drivers doors is open, audible warning signal comes on, and dome light,if activated for door. I cannot seem to find the switch - I suspect there is a short in this switch causing the car to think the door is coming open - when is the trip switch located?

Also the rear left door latch does not always engage, I have lubricated, and works manually when the door si open, but seems as thogh the spring loaded bumper behind the door post on thye lower C pillar is not providing enough resistance to engage the latch - anyone else have this problem?

Any advice is welcome.

Reply to
CD

OK. Got the latches fixed on the recall.

The Door Shime switch on the drivers door is still faulty. Looks as tyhough I will need to remove the door latch post in order to replace the chime switch. any suggestions / tips on how I sahould approach this?

Reply to
CD