my new struts are rattling!

I just paid over $500 at Midas to have my 2000 ZX3 struts replaced at

65K miles. They do not rattle for the first 15 minutes of driving, but after the car is warmed up, my front end rattles over bumps and other road irregularities. I can even feel it in the steering wheel. It gets worse the longer I drive. Anybody know what is up with that?
Reply to
thinnmann

You don't say if there was a rattle before you took your car to Midas, but if there wasn't obviously you have to take it back to them. Shocks can sometimes be faulty.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Yes, no rattle before the replacement. I did the replacement because one of the springs broke, which caused creaks and clunks related to a single event and was quite obvious, so I figured it was time for the struts too. Thanks for the thought that the struts themselves might be faulty. I did do a search on this topic in this group, and saw that there were posts some years ago about front end rattles. The cause seems to be many and varied - defective struts not mentioned then, however.

(..and let me apologize ahead of time for using Google Groups without proper quoting because I can't access my Comcast newsgroup service with a proper newsreader from work...)

Reply to
thinnmann

I think I'd be more worried about what might have been left untightened...

Get it checked ASAP!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Yes, this would be my concern. I'm thinking something didn't get tightened. (I once replaced some shocks on my van and had a terrible rattle right after. Turned out my tightened bolts were tight enough!)

Matt

00 Focus Wagon 96 GMC Safari AWD (loose shocks were on this one.....) 99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

Got it looked at today. It was a broken swaybar that was just banging against other stuff! That explains why it didn't rattle when i first started driving around - sometimes it would bang on stuff and sometimes it just hung.

The swaybar attaches high > >

Reply to
thinnmann

Reply to