Bad rattle on front and rear of X reg Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 16v

I have a had a slight rattle from the front and rear of my X reg Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 16v 90k miles for over a year, but it has now got worse.

I took it into a garage who changed the rear suspension bushes (the big one) and a one coil spring and he says he changed a shock (only on the nearside). This suposedly cured the rear rattle. But its still the same.

He said he could not find or hear the front rattle. But it is so obvious.

The front and rear rattles only occur when going over rough ground or say over a kerb. When driving on even ground there is no noise, so I suppose this counts out the engine mounts, and there is no noise or engine vibration at standstill, whilst reving the engine up.

Anybody any hints tips or suggests.

Reply to
spender

front rattle could be anti-roll bar links as for the rear rattle, have you tried it with the rear seat back down ? as we had a ford fusion in with a rear rattle, we were convinced it was a shock, but it wasnt, turned out to be the rear seat back rattling in its catches.

Reply to
reg

loose spare wheel can give funny noises , cat converter breaking up causes good rattles, rear exhaust box overshield breaking up.

Reply to
Mrcheerful