New 3rd Party CD Unit in Ford Focus (2001 1.6 LX)

I want to replace the installed cassette unit with a 3rd Party CD unit in my Focus. I know I will need a fascia panel to plug the gap. I also understand that I will need an ISO-to-Ford cable adapter. Does anyone have a recommendation which one to go for (UK market)? Does it matter, or will any do?

More importantly, will doing this disable the radio controls on the steering column?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
CJM