Pep Boys>good or bad for brake service?

Thanks for all the help with my throbbing/pulsating brake pedal - I agree that it's probably the rotors... I'm thinking PepBoys as fast and somewhat reliable :+) anyone have experience with them? AND!! will someone tell my wife that this is a serious situation - she's 29, and we have two daughters, four and twelve - and especially with the icy windy roads here in Atlanta, we need to fix this NOW! I NEVER fool around when it comes to brake problems - they should always be first on any list! again - thanks paul

Reply to
paulmbedard

In alt.autos.ford.focus snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net: [..]

Sure, it should be obvious that brakes/tires are the most critical parts of your car. For unknown reasons many people don't get that, like with winter tires, as they think that they somehow manage to climb up a hill with summer tires. That might work but isn't critical at all. What does happen if you aren't able to drive uphill? Nothing, but what will happen on the other side, downhill if you can't brake probably, because your summer tires suck on cold/icy roads? You'll get into serious trouble and might crash into something.;(

Same with brakes, if your car doesn't start, bad but nothing will happen, other then you feel like an idiot sitting in your shinny car not moving at all. On the other hand, if brakes don't function as designed you'll have serious problems soon and might hurt yourself/passengers and other people on the road. In addition insurance might make problems if it's mentioned that the crash happened for no other reason then you were to stingy to fix your broken brakes.

Good luck

[..]
Reply to
Michael Heiming

I sometimes wonder how many people pay attention to their tires when I'm on a busy highway, and surrounded by cars on all sides. All it takes is one idiot to ruin a few families for good... I hate drunk drivers too, and cell phone users who are distracted. What gets me is all the rubbish you see on highways, especially strips of rubber from bad truck recaps....I would NEVER have my tires recapped, but I guess trucking companies are "thrifty"...

Reply to
paulmbedard