Potential ZX3 owner <me>

So, being a Ford guy ('68 Bronco, '78 Bronco, and '02 F350), I find myself needing something to commute 80 miles/day with. I am thinking about an '06 ZX3, manual, sunroof, leather, etc (hey, why not!) and thought I'd throw a message out here to the collective wisdom of the 'net.

Anything I should be aware of? Sites to look at/stuff to read, etc?

This is going to be a factory order car, anything I should know about?

Thanks!

~bc

Reply to
Brian Collins

Get the good stereo and the heated seats/mirrors if you can use 'em. Nothing from the competition can touch it.

Reply to
FanJet

Almost forgot, you'll want an SES. Upgraded suspension and other bits.

Reply to
FanJet

I have the 04 ZX5 with most of the extras. If I had to do it over, I would probably not get the leather seats (wife thinks they're too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer) and delete the sunroof option (it reduces the amount of headroom available). I do enjoy the hatchback function and handling/acceleration. Great car.

Here's a couple of links regarding Focuses (or is that Foci?)

?model=Focus+ZX3&category=hitch&year=2006&make=Ford&t1=&h=e John

Reply to
JPH

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:27:46 -0500, Brian Collins wrote Re Potential ZX3 owner :

I've have the '05 ZX4 5spd/AC etc for 11,000 miles and so far I love it; but I only get about 32 mpg highway. My previous car was a '99 Escort LX 5spd/AC etc that I had for 148,000 miles without a single repaid needed. It got about 38 mpg highway.

I knew I wouldn't get as good gas mileage with the Focus because it is much peppier and *much* more fun to drive. I think it will blow off my wife's '04 5spd Mustang (6 cyln) but I haven't been able to talk her into racing me yet.

Reply to
Vic Dura

In alt.autos.ford.focus Brian Collins :

Gas mileage isn't the strongest point about the petrol Focus models. With 80 miles/day I'd certainly go for a diesel, TDCI if possible.

You might want heated seats if you go for leather interior. Dunno about the recent Focus, but with the older model a heated windscreen is quite helpful, cause the interior tends to fog if it's wet outside.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

I think the OP is in America. (They don't do diesels over there)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Yes, I thought I should have mentioned that, I'm in the Southeast US. But my F350 is diesel!

Anyway, I just got back from the Ford dealer. I have on order from the factory:

- ZX3 SES

- Moonroof

- Safety Package (ABS Brakes, side-impact airbags)

- Leather

- Weather Package (heated seats and mirrors)

- 5 speed

Should be here in about 4-6 weeks.

~bc

Reply to