Questions for SVT owners and fans on audiophile package

I'm going to assume most people prefer going aftermarket unless theft is a big concern in your area.

That said, the Factory Look can be important. Some GM cars from the mid to late 90's looked horrible with aftermarket radios as opposed to just cheap with the factory ones. How does this car look with aftermarket parts?

Are the steering column remotes standard or only in the audiophile package? Do they come off if I go aftermarket?

Now the most important part...with the speakers how much can I upgrade the standard system. The Audiophile package comes with 6 speakers + Subwoofer + amp + in-dash 6 CD Changer + small amp (I think). Can I upgrade the standard system to have similiar features? Would I be stuck either with the 4-speaker setup or trying to create extra mounts?

Reply to
FilterXG

Have you listed to the audiophile package? Impressive for the $s and no additional work.

Reply to
SayWhat

Our SVT came with the audiophile system. I use to install competition audio systems and was REALLY impressed with the sound quality, level and amount of bass the thing can put out. I just wish it could play MP3's. I think for the money it would be hard to put together something that looks and sounds as good.

Reply to
Jim Chodrick

Before I bought my Focus, I bought a standard Ford audio system off E-bay and mounted it in my Mazda MX-5. Why? The aftermarket Sony system which had been installed in the Mazda looked terrible, had about a million tiny buttons, had a Tokyo-by-night LED display and anyway didn't sound particularly good. The ordinary Ford system looked good, had a big, analog rotary knob for volume (why "improve" something that works?!), had a legible display, and I could adjust every function without looking at it. It produced enough power to keep up with the wind noise in a cabrio at 160kph, so pretty good. Now my Focus wagon has the Ford audio system and I'm quite satisfied. Cars are anyway an audio compromise. If I want to really listen to my music, I do it at home in my "listening room", not in a relatively noisy Focus which has 70dB of background noise on the motorway. To my ears, the Ford system (for the money) sounds as good as anything I would cobble together out of the aftermarket, it's neat, and it looks good. Normal DIN-sized radios looks silly in the Focus's amorphous dash.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.