Avensis 2006 - audio questions

Just road-tested this car, pretty cool. However, I saw that the audio systems lacks two features, which are major IMHO: a) No Mute button b) No Pause button for the CD or the optional CD changer.

However, there is a cassette tape, if this comforts anyone in this millenium :-)

BTW, the built-in CD supports CD text, but the CD changer does not.

Can anyone comment on these findings?

Thanks

Reply to
akrk1986

You're right!

Factory sound system have always been a step or three behind the aftermarket. You must realize that the radios are made by the same companies that make the aftermarket stuff, so unless the automaker specifies a feature, it is going to be omitted. Then, hopefully, to get the features you want, you'll go out and buy a new unit from the company that made your factory unit.

I was working on a Nissan the other day; if there is a way to install an aftermarket radio, I'd like to know what it is. The audio system consumed about 1/3 of the dash/console, and the only slot availble to install an aftermarket unit was filled iwth the climat/information controls. About all you could do with this system would be to upgrade the amps and speakers.

Reply to
hachiroku