Selling Your Zetec

Has anyone got a recommendation or suggestion as to the best way of selling privately here in the uK. You hear of horror stories of companies who seemingly practically guarentee the sale of your vehicle on their web site .. that is until they get your cash and then a sale is very remote. I am selling a 2001 (y)5 door hatch low mileage Focus Zetec in panther black. One owner from new and full service history. If anyone requires further details enquire to snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net Thanks for your replies.

Reply to
Driver

stick with the autotrader

Reply to
UFO

Go with Autotrader, Autotrader online (worked for me) and local rags. I wouldn't touch anything else. Put it this way, if you want to buy a car, where do *you* look? You are well into the right sort of age/price for private advertising too - and being black it should shift quickly.

Don't touch websites or anyone who phones you not to buy your Focus but to advertise it for you. The number of conversations I had similar to ... "Is the Focus still for sale?" "Yes" "Ah well then you need to advertise with WeWillTakeYourMoneyYouFool.Com" ... or .. "Ah well you need to put an advert in Cars For Sale But Not In Your Area Magazine, which is sent direct to 240,000 buyers who are registered on our system and ready and waiting, with cash, to buy your car RIGHT NOW".

Of course you will still get the muppets who will paw all over it, make you take them for a test drive and then ask if you will take a 1992 Escort in part exchange. Given all the hassle it starts to not seem quite so bad to PX at a dealer and accept the loss.

Reply to
GAOW

Although I understand that Autotrader is the most well kown I can honestly say that we have had customers who have had a better experience using our site

If you do a search on Google for "cars for sale" (selecting pages from the UK) you will find our site comes up number one This plus the fact that we also put your car ad on other well known sites such as Fish4Cars gives exposure to over 750,000 buyers per month. And all this for only £10 which is a lot cheaper than any other decent advertising medium. We have had many emails back from happy customers Its entirely up to you but I do think you should consider us as an alternative.

Reply to
Autoseek