Tyres for a Zetec

Hi, I'll soon be thinking of replacements for the original Continental 195/60 VR15 as fitted to my 1.8 Zetec. I have been very pleased with the Continentals, but would appreciate any comments form Zetec owners who have tried other brands also. Whilst the Continentals may be a bit noisy on a rough surface I wouldn't want to sacrifice any handling or steering feel for a slightly quieter tyre. That's why I bought a Focus. Thanks, Martin J

Reply to
Martin J

Concider Pirelli P6000s

Reply to
FocusGhia

Fully agree;

I've got P6000 at the moment and with those handling & steering is precise as in go-kart cars :)

Reply to
FocusTrend5D

My 00 Zetec came with P6000 195-60/15's which I rate highly. I did 25k on these, swapping them front to back twice and then tried some Michelin XYZ's as they were on offer at a similar price (mega ££ normally) which were a dissappointment.

Managed to make them last 24k too, but the road noise was higher and grip, especially in the wet not as good.

At 54k I now have another set of P6000's and am happy :)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

I've got P6000's too, but have had a hire car Focus with the Continentals. My perception was the handling in the dry was slightly better with the P6000's and slightly better in the wet with the Continentals. What do others think?

Also, I get a little under 18,000 miles on a front set of P6000's on standard UK roads with a 1.6 Zetec. I'd be interested to know how this compares with tyre wear on your Continental's.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris H

I'm onto my second set of front tyres on my 03 TDCi. Factory fitted ones were P6000's and I was very pleased with them. They lasted 25,000 miles and I've just replaced them with another pair of P6000's. Grip in the dry is superb and I am impressed with their wet performance.

Reply to
Geoff

They are pretty damn good in snow/ice also, for a fat all-season tire.

Reply to
Rapid Rick