Water in spark plug wells

Anyone got any ideas what might cause it?

Ford Focus late 2000 petrol 1.8 zetec

Reply to
Grassy Knollington

Rain or driving through water,WBMO

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Recently steam cleaned engine bay??

Reply to
MarkA

Well the garage told me it was the core plugs in the cylinder head were leaking, I am wondering why they failed, if indeed they had failed, I wish I had my own workshop, I do not trust garages at all.

I asked them to keep the old parts and when I turned up after they kept the car for a day and a frickin' half they said oh no sorry we threw them away.

Sounds like a pro con-trick to me, dispose of the evidence.

This is a main ford dealer as well.

Reply to
Grassy Knollington

On the 1.8 there are *NO* core plugs in the cylinder head valley!! Your garage is lying.

On the 1.6 there are, and a valley full of antifreeze mixture is fairly common-ish.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..