Zetec v LX

Looking at buying a S/H Focus in the UK - as I have no experience of the car can anyone enlighten me on the difference btween the Zetec & LX models

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Newton

Depends on the year, LX will have a/c but 14'' steels and velour-ie cloth, the Zetec usually has a/c as an option (climate pack) and 15inch alloys with

10% stiffer suspension.

The Zetec makes the better buy for resale purposes, must have a/c, and make sure its a 5 door for the same reason.

Most people find the 1.6 adequate, but the 1.8 115 TDCI holds its money best.

There are *lots* about, so shop around for the best condition vs mileage, full service record, etc. Avoid non metallics, and overly dark colours. Black good but easily scratched by automatic carwashes. If you want black- bucket and sponge only!

Hope this helps

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks for this - I was a bit anti black as I will be the one cleaning it ! Its for higher management who's only requirements were PAS & Air Con oh and oh yes it must be a nice colour.

I had a 1.6 as a hire car from work for a couple of days & was quite impressed withits all round competency

Budget about £5k which should get me something reasonably decent

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Newton

Mine is actually for sale at the moment, 2000W with 64k, 5 door Zetec with climate pack in aqua frost. Meticulously maintained with FSH and recent P6000's all round.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Following on from this - higher management now has started thinking more about the colour. Any suggestion for a web site that shows the colours available for the focus - pre new model

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Newton