focus zetec

can anyone tell me if im doing the right thing im buying a t reg focus

1.6 zetec for the mrs but wanted to no if its ok its done 84k full service history,last service on 80k mark will it last me a few years th eprice is 1800 thanks for your help
Reply to
easthull05

Depends largely on the condition; assuming it is in average condition for the year then that price seems about right for a private sale.

is a link to google group's archive of a thread in this group that has all the helpul advice given when I asked a similar question recently ;)

Reply to
Richard Parkin

Sounds cheap, but there are several foibles of the Focus you need to check out on any cars you look at.

A/C is strongly recommended.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

It is, but I didn't get it on mine and I haven't really mourned the lack of it. Was aircon a standard fit on the Zetec?

Things that I have noticed on my similar aged Focus (being addressed under the warranty) are lack-lustre HT cables, dodgy ignition coil and an intermittent fault on the speed sensor. Not being addressed under the warranty as yet (bloke is whinging a bit) are the worn wheel bearings.

Reply to
Richard Parkin

Chronic steamy windows in the winter months, and cooking cabins in the summer (heater always supplies slightly warm air despite being set to cold) are usually a trait of non A/C'ed cars.

Your mentioned items are all definately catch-points too, as are rusty tailgates, sills and wheel arches, faulty central locking and missing keys, but I couldnt be arsed to re-type them in my previous post!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Find out when the last cambelt change was done. It's about the time it was due.

Reply to
Conor

The anti-perforation warranty is nearly useless. Folk think because they've taken it to a dealer and the dealer's done an arse ob, but made a perfect respray job, the job's done and over. Of course, the rust comes back, but hey, it's a Ford, so what'd you expect.

A lot of my neighbours have opted for Focii, a deep look and you can see rust on the sills and arches.

Reply to
David R

Tell me it isn't so!

Who'd have thought a Ford would rust....

Reply to
SteveH