ZX5 2003 likes and problems

We really like our 2003 ZX5 as far as ride, performance, comfort and fuel economy. The front seats on the ZX5 are what sold us on the ZX vs the ZTS. However, I am not happy with the sevice that is required on this vehicle. The radio display is full of blank verticle lines that have been increasing over the past few months.There are about 15 lines now. It's at a point where I can't read the time unless I press the clock button. We had the alternator go out 6 months ago along with the struts and now the power steering pump is leaking and does not look like I can replace it myself after reading the difficulty and special wrench required to get at one bolt. Shops want $550 to replace the pump. I keep filling it and putting off the repair.

Is everyone else having the same problems? Are there anymore things that are going to happen? Oh yea, the front end has been making a lot of noise like the bearings are going. Have 65k miles on it. Not that familair with front wheel drive so not sure what the sound could be.

Jay

Reply to
Jay1028