Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ford Focus
Just purchased a 2008 Focus 4 door loaded. 20,000 miles (Is that a lot for a one year old car ?) for, $9,995.00 plus all the xtra taxes and charges. Also got the Easy Care Service plan good to 100,000...
4
4

Tailgate not opening 05 Ford Focus.
Hey. Strange problem today with the car. The boot won't open. You press the microswitch near the rear number plate, you can hear a dull 'clicking' sound - but the tailgate won't release. Is it common?...
3
3

Speedo problem!
Hi my focus sometimes has a problem with the speedo, as the needed fails to show the speed, and just stays on zero, but it does work most of the time, I have no idea why this is happening, can anyone...
2
2

Focus seating posiition
Hello everybody. I have just bought a 2008 Focus Zetec Automstic and I find the driver's seat is lower than I would like. The adjustment for the seat cushion raises the seat but it also moves the...
1
1

no seat belt light
I have a 2000 focus and the seat belt light does not come on at any time Even on first key turn. Help

Focus TDDI starting problems
Hi all... I need help in getting my focus started, the problem started when the oil pump stattered, the head was pressure tested an skimmed! new oil pump and timing chains ect, ect.. once rebuilt the...

Low mpg - any ideas on how to improve?
Just bought a 2006 Ford Focus Ghia Estate with Auto and Cruise control, 2 litre unleaded petrol engine. Mileage 27,900 miles. Manual gives mpg as 42 mpg average of urban and non-urban. I only average...
14
14

2000 Focus OBDII port
I know it's in the car somewhere because the emissions testers found it. Short of standing on my head, I've looked around under the dash and haven't found it. I read someplace where it was inside a...
2
2

Speaking of Timing Belts
Speaking of timing (cam) belts and chains, does anyone know which, if any, of the Focus engines are interference and which are non-interference? In an interference engine, the pistons and valves share...
2
2

UK cambelt cost
The cambelt needs doing on my 1.8 Zetec E. A local mobile mechanic, who has been in business for more than 20 years, and has been recommended to me by two other customers, has quoted 175UKP This would...
5
5

Boot switch stopped working
Hi all I have a station Focus 2005B, the boot opening switch stopped working. I can still open it with the "radiokey". Its an electric switch with rubber sealing. What problem has the switch, is it...
2
2

new to group
Just joined this ford Focus group, however the last posting shows April 2008, is this correct? Stephen
10
10

Re: Tail light on passenger side not working, bulb OK
Just as a follow up, I finally fixed this. The bulb socket was faulty meaning that no voltage was getting through to the tail light metal connection. Got a replacement socket from Ford (=A35), fitted...

H7 Headlight Bulb rating
I bought a couple of new headlight bulbs for the Focus, though I bought 100W rather than the 55W than was already installed, someone has said this will cause overheating problems in the headlamp unit...
4
4

UK 2001 (51) Focus 2.0l Zetec
Sods law really - car booked in for service next Tuesday but sudden loss of power this evening. RAC chap suspected the cam belt but the belt was still intact. His next thought was perhaps it had...
3
3