'04 F150 hesitates when @ 2200rpm

Has anybody had the problem when at about 2200rpm when accelerator is depressed (as in passing) there is like a 1/2 second delay before acceleration? This almost got me sideswipped will attempting a pass. Computer need reset? It's happened more than once and it's starting to scare me.

Reply to
yobdab

Read the thread "2004 F150 Throttle Issue". The throttle is controlled by computer and is resulting in the delay. As I stated in another message, this issue also affects the Lexus ES and MANY people have complained about it on the Lexus newsgroup. Unfortunately, Lexus' response is, "What problem?"

Reply to
SgtRich

Thanks SgtRich, I am taking it into the dealer on Friday 2/4. I let you know what they said.

Reply to
yobdab

There was something about this in the latest issue of MotorTrend. I believe Ford will reflash the computer to correct the problem.

Reply to
Xx