04 F150 Wiper Arm Travel

On my '04 F150, the wiper arm on the driver's side doesn't seem to have enough total travel to wipe the windshield completely to the left side (looking out from the driver's seat). It leaves about 5" unwiped next to the roof pillar, and this is annoying with the amount of windshield "unusable" during travel in the rain or snow.

It looks like the wiper arm was set onto the wiper spindle in too much of a down position (down towards the hood), but when I took off the wiper arm to reposition it, I find there is a groove cut into the spindle and a key locks the arm in the position it is already in relative to the spindle. So, it doesn't look like it can be rotated a little to put the arm in a higher position in the OFF position.

Any ideas how to get more travel or reposition the wiper arm?

Thanks

Reply to
EFK

Remove the key. The arm still has splines on it to move, just like older setups. The key on mine actually fell off about a year ago. No problems with it working. Also I went to 22" blades. They will work no problem.

Reply to
Marlin Singer