1988 Ford Ranger valve gaskets

Hello,

I ve been asked to help someone change their valve cover gaskets on a 88 Ranger 2.9 . I had one before and I never could get them to be completely dry. So this is my thinking. The head has all those curvy flats where the gasket seats. And it changed in 89. So the newer gaskets don't fit too good. People put them on and they leak. I'm going to clean it real good. Make sure the covers aren't bent from overtightening. Red RTV plus cork gaskets and put them on. Tighten bolts to touching plus a half turn.

Call it quits.

Anything else im forgetting.

Diesel

Reply to
None4U

The jobs done, No issues but access. Have a good day.

Diesel.

Reply to
None4U