1990 Ranger 4 X 4

Hey all I rcently did a job on my ranger where I replaced all hydraulics, rotors and drums. After bleeding the brakes I still have a low pedal. When the truck is not running the pedal is hard as soon as you start it the pedal is low but the truck stops. I had a similiar problem with a 1990 2WD ranger and I even replaced the master cylinder. I have bled them repeatedly and still have the same problem. When I bled them I was pumping the pedl and my dad was checking for air. Is this or is there abetter way of bleeding the brakes? Also this truck has rear ABS. Any help wuold be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
pnccj7

You still have air in the lines. You may need to pressure or vacuum bleed it to get it all out.

Reply to
JimV

Sounds like you still have air in the lines, also, be sure you have properly adjusted the rear brakes too.

Don't forget to bleed the master cylinder.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader