1990 Ranger frame rust

I bought a 1990 Ford Ranger with 114" wheelbase last month for my son. The truck runs nice and the original paint still looks good but there is a lot of scaly frame rust. (vehicle is originally from Illinois, U.S.)

One of the brackets that hold the cab to the frame under the drivers seat has completely rotted out. Ford wants $95 for a replacement. Does anyone else make these aftermarket?

Reply to
screwtape iii