1991 ford f150 problem

ok my fuel pump wouldn't kick on in my 91 f150 and I have dual tanks, but I only use the side tank. So I replaced the tank and the pump and the fuel filter. When I had everything dissconnected I made sure everything was getting power and the electrical lines look fine, but for some reason when I put everything back together my fuel pump will not kick on. I made sure everything was put back perfectly and I have no idea what is the problem. I have plently of fuel in the tank, but I don't know what is the issue. please any ideas are welcomed.

Reply to
mitsurugi3644

I have an 89 F150 with dual tanks. You might search the group about your problem because I recall tossing in some ideas about ten years ago (which the recipient acknowledged helped).

With dual tanks you have no less than three fuel pumps - one in each tank and one delivering high pressure to the injector rail. When you select a tank you activate its fuel pump. A purely mechanical gadget called the 'dual function resevoir' feeds the high pressure pump.

All this is explained in the workshop manual.

An understanding of the system is necessary to have any hope of fixing the problem. And it is possible they changed the system between my model and yours. But probably not because it was simple and reliable. They may well still use it - they could do worse.

Reply to
kkerrison