ODBII Program Car for better gas milage

Is it posible to change/program the car thru the OBDII to improve gas milage? I saw this package of software to monitor and program thru the OBDII at

. Has anyone used something like this to improve/change gas milage or other performace.

Thanks,

BennyB

Reply to
BennyB

Nice shill. The link goes to Eb*y.

Reply to
gw

Unless you want to go to a better (higher octane) fuel, there is nothing to really be gained. Engine have to use conservative timing and knock sesing control to tolerate 87 octane fuel and to better optimize timing for improved power and MPG in a modern hi compression engine, you need more than 87 octane. Some vehicals stock will see a MPG increase with better fuel.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Yes, you can fiddle with the tuning, with something from Sniper Tuning, Inc, called Special Forces. I have a '98 ranger 3.0 5spd that went from about 17.5 to 19+ mpg just by fine adjustments to the fuel mixture and timing.

Here's the URL...

Performance has been enhanced too... Not by measurement other than MPG, but by seat-of-pants. Goal to improve milage was met, anything else is gravy.

`cbp

BennyB wrote:

Reply to
CBPetrovic

Yes, you can fiddle with the tuning, with something from Sniper Tuning, Inc, called Special Forces. I have a '98 ranger 3.0 5spd that went from about 17.5 to 19+ mpg just by fine adjustments to the fuel mixture and timing.

Here's the URL...

Performance has been enhanced too... Not by measurement other than MPG, but by seat-of-pants. Goal to improve milage was met, anything else is gravy.

`cbp

BennyB wrote:

Reply to
CBPetrovic

Yes, you can fiddle with the tuning, with something from Sniper Tuning, Inc, called Special Forces. I have a '98 ranger 3.0 5spd that went from about 17.5 to 19+ mpg just by fine adjustments to the fuel mixture and timing.

Here's the URL...

Performance has been enhanced too... Not by measurement other than MPG, but by seat-of-pants. Goal to improve milage was met, anything else is gravy.

`cbp

BennyB wrote:

Reply to
CBPetrovic

Yes, you can fiddle with the tuning, with something from Sniper Tuning, Inc, called Special Forces. I have a '98 ranger 3.0 5spd that went from about 17.5 to 19+ mpg just by fine adjustments to the fuel mixture and timing.

Here's the URL...

Performance has been enhanced too... Not by measurement other than MPG, but by seat-of-pants. Goal to improve milage was met, anything else is gravy.

`cbp

BennyB wrote:

Reply to
CBPetrovic

Yes, you can fiddle with the tuning, with something from Sniper Tuning, Inc, called Special Forces. I have a '98 ranger 3.0 5spd that went from about 17.5 to 19+ mpg just by fine adjustments to the fuel mixture and timing.

Here's the URL...

Performance has been enhanced too... Not by measurement other than MPG, but by seat-of-pants. Goal to improve milage was met, anything else is gravy.

`cbp

BennyB wrote:

Reply to
CBPetrovic

Yes, you can fiddle with the tuning, with something from Sniper Tuning, Inc, called Special Forces. I have a '98 ranger 3.0 5spd that went from about 17.5 to 19+ mpg just by fine adjustments to the fuel mixture and timing.

Here's the URL...

Performance has been enhanced too... Not by measurement other than MPG, but by seat-of-pants. Goal to improve milage was met, anything else is gravy.

`cbp

BennyB wrote:

Reply to
CBPetrovic

Yes, you can fiddle with the tuning, with something from Sniper Tuning, Inc, called Special Forces. I have a '98 ranger 3.0 5spd that went from about 17.5 to 19+ mpg just by fine adjustments to the fuel mixture and timing.

Here's the URL...

Performance has been enhanced too... Not by measurement other than MPG, but by seat-of-pants. Goal to improve milage was met, anything else is gravy.

`cbp

BennyB wrote:

Reply to
CBPetrovic

And you posted this reply 7 times why?

Reply to
I. Care

I posted once.

System problems?

Moderator, feel free to delete the extras.

I. Care wrote:

Reply to
CBPetrovic

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 07:13:01 -0700, CBPetrovic rearranged some electrons to form:

This is Usenet. There are no moderators.

Reply to
David M