1994 Bronco?

Any input/advice, bad or good on this particular year/model? I'm looking at one which appears to be showroom new. It has had a number of components replaced (due to wear/age, not untimely failure), and looks very well cared for. It has the 351 V-8, 4 speed auto and 4WD, with the full compliment of goodies inside. Unfortunately, I don't have the mileage numbers in front of me right now. Thanks.

Reply to
H-DGuzzi

I had a '95 XLT and a '95 Eddie Bauer, both with that motor. My brother has a "94 XL with the 5.0L motor.

I liked my XLT the best. Some scumbag took it off of the job site, but that's another story.

My Eddie Bauer and my brother's XL both have (I sold the Eddie Bauer for an F150) a clunk that comes from the drive train when you get under way from a stop sign or light. Except for the clunk, the trucks seem to be pretty tight and are well mannered for a truck. My Eddie Bauer blew a fuel pump, but that's the only real problem I had with it, and that's not much of a problem in the grand scheme of things.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks, Jeff. That helps a lot.

Reply to
H-DGuzzi

Re: That clunk, take the rear driveshaft apart at the slip yoke. Grease the splines heavily. If you are able, drill and tap in a zerk (grease fitting) to make this easier next time. Re-install, no more clunk.

Re: That '94 Bronco, it's a great year with the best motor offered. Very few problems, but rust in the rear tail gate at the bottom, and over the rear fender wells are not uncommon. I'd buy it. I have had 8 or 9 of them over the years.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

My Bronco is gone, but my brother still has his. I'll pass the word on the drive shaft grease ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I bought my '94 Eddie Bauer brand new and drive it everyday. It has

133K miles. The 351 is a great engine.

I've had four Broncos over the years and consider it my favorite...

I live in the desert, so it has not rust.

Oren

--

Reply to
Oren