1995 ford f-150 4X4

im having a problem just recently i was driving down the road and coming to a stop sign and when im nearly stoped my truck feels like it starts grinding underneath then jerks and stops is this my transfer case? my brakes work fine and it does not jerk in reverse.

Reply to
liftoperator

Brakes, check the rear ones first. They work a bit different in reverse with drum brake thrust wise so they could sound different.

Reply to
SnoMan

Yes; your transfer case would sound like that if it's trying to go into 4wd and can't because the front driveshaft is stopped. When you slow down to a slow enough speed, it'll pop into 4WD with a clunk. Before that it grinds. At speed you can't hear it at all. At least mine would do that, if I shifted into 4WD at speed, and the hubs locked out. It's a manual, Borg Warner T-1356.

Reply to
Joe