98 Ranger tones

I drive a 98 Ford Ranger all day, it has 266,900 miles on it, rebuilt engine, trans, new a/c , and before all that work and now, when I start it up, after 30 or seconds, it emits a five tone tone

5 times. It is to saythe least, very annoying. Also after driving for half an hour it will cycle those tones again, though lower in volume. I thought itwas the Nextel phone trying to connect, as it has been disabed, but I cut the phone speaker wires, and the tone is there. It is five tones done in a five tone cycle 5 times each time on starting. How do I kill it?? It is a company truck. Thank you. Patrick
Reply to
patrick K

Seatbelt warning?

Reply to
gw

Happened across this a few days ago regarding the supplemntal restraint system (air bag warning light) for my explorer a few days ago:

"If the air bag indicator is inoperative and an SRS fault exists, a chime will sound in a pattern of five sets of five beeps. If this occurs, the air bag indicator will need to be repaired before diagnosis can continue."

The beeps are a backup method of telling you that your airbags have a problem.

Reply to
ross via CarKB.com