1998 F150 Cabin Air Filter

I'm trying to replace the cabin air filter for my 98 F150 XLT Supercab. Can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is and how to get to it?

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
AA Bob

On the passenger side below the glove box area of the dash you will see a black plastic cover. You need to remove the 4 shiny brass screws holding it on. There are 2 up front in clear view and 2 towards the back corners that are harder to see. Remove these and the cover will fall right off. Once this is off you will see a black piece of plastic shaped like a elongated c that faces towards the firewall right about where the decorative cover was. There are 4 black screws holding this on. 2 on the long side and 1 on each end. Remove this and then grasp the tab on the inside edge of the C looking area and pull straight down and the filter will pull out.. Its a rather large filter and you will need to bend it towards you a little when it gets to the floor to remove it completely. Its made to bend some so don`t worry about it. Reverse this order to install the new one. Don't be surprised on how dirty it is.......

Reply to
FordStyle

If you've got one, it's behind the glove box. My 1998 F150 XLT Supercab doesn't have one.

Later... Grant Speed Kills...Drive a Honda, live forever...

Reply to
Forcefan83

Thanks very much for the info. One more question:

Does the box that you are describing have a thin foam rubber padding on the bottom of it (the padding is plainly visible w/o removing anything)?

Reply to
AA Bob

Yes it does. I have to apologize as the part that holds the filter in has 6 black screws on it instead of 4 as stated before. In the center of the raised "C" looking part with the 6 screws is a molded rectangular piece you can pull on to remove it. I just went and checked mine to verify it. I can send a picture to you if needed. Let me know.

Its also in the black/grey looking box that hangs low under the decorative cover. You will see the fan for the air/defrost/heat on the firewall about

5-6 inches right behind it.
Reply to
FordStyle