Nissan Micra cabin air filter?

Does the Nissan Micra (K11 body, built 2001), contain a cabin air
filter/pollen filter? The reason I ask is because it's included in the
service schedule for the car, but the garage I just had it serviced at said
they couldn't find one.
I've just had a very good rummage, removing all sorts of bits of trim and
can't seem to find one anywhere obvious.
Anyone have any ideas? Does it have one, and if so where is it?
Thanks!
Dane
Reply to
Dane Koekoek
In message "mrcheerful
Scuttle - haven't heard that used before!
Would this be inside the engine compartment, or the cabin? Do I have to remove the grill where the air intake is to get to it, or does huge parts of the dashboard/interior trim have to be removed to get to it! I can't find it anywhere!
Dane
Reply to
Dane Koekoek
It could be similar to my Almera. If so, it's in the air intake between the blower motor & the heater assembly. You need to remove the glovebox for access by pulling out the plastic hinge pins. Then remove the metal reinforcement plate (four screws). The centre part of the glovebox aperture then has to be removed (it has moulded cutting lines) in order to gain sufficient clearance. The filter is in two pieces, held by a metal clip. Remove the clip, then the lower section, followed by the upper section. I'm not surprised that garages plead ignorance - I've had the same experience, but it's actually only a ten minute job. My Haynes manual has full instructions.
Terry D.
Reply to
Terry D
In message
I looked about there, as far as I could see.
Thanks for the help. I'll print off your instructions and give it a try tomorrow, see if it's the same in the Micra! I'm determined to find it and prove the garage wrong!!! Also, I want it changed so that the efficiency of the heating/cooling is maintained.
Need to get the Haynes manual for the car. What's put me off is that they only do the manual for the MK1 K11 micra, not the MK2... I know there's not a lot different, but still, it'd be nice if they did a manual including the differences in the newer models.
Thanks for the help Terry. I'll tell you if I find it!
Dane
Reply to
Dane Koekoek
Hi I am not sure if a pollen filter is located behind the glove box I am yet to find that out but, my Micra K11, 1994 has an A/C and the AC filter is located underneath the windshield, below the plastic trim where the windshield wipers are located its hard to get to but its there just in front of the passenger, from the middle of the car to the left. Its very had to find this filter its been 1 year and I still have not been able to find it. Its accessible from the outside from the engine bay.
Reply to
Senan Fuchedzhiev
Hi I am not sure if a pollen filter is located behind the glove box I am yet to find that out but, my Micra K11, 1994 has an A/C and the AC filter is located underneath the windshield, below the plastic trim where the windshield wipers are located its hard to get to but its there just in front of the passenger, from the middle of the car to the left. Its very had to find this filter its been 1 year and I still have not been able to find it. Its accessible from the outside from the engine bay.
Reply to
Senan Fuchedzhiev

Site Timeline Threads