1999 F150 4x4 (Off Road Package) Engine Replacement

Hi All,

4.6L Triton. I call this my Redneck Truck - 4x4 with the Offroad Package. It sits high.

It looks like there is plenty of room to move around between the fenders. So I think I am going to do this one myself.

Does this motor R&R require dropping the transmission, or can I pull the motor forward? Also, are there any problem areas that come to mind from the more experienced?

Thanks in Advance, Jeff Jeffrey Walton Pasadena, MD

Reply to
Jeffrey Walton

You might consider pulling the cab. I know that seems a crazy thing to do, but it is not all that hard to remove if you have the right equipment and then you have lots of room to work.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White