1999 ford ranger takes about ten seconds to idle down when you push in the clutc

just started doing this had it since new it's a four cylinder do you think it might be the t.p.s? any help would be very much appr. i'm in my older time of life and some people around here are more expensive than my income thanks for looking.

Reply to
ricky dan

I'd be more inclined to think it's the idle air bypass valve. 30 bucks at rockauto.com Of course it could be something else but that valve pretty much controls idle speed so if it's sticky the idle speed will adjust slowly. My 88 Mustang GT had similar symptoms and replacing the valve fixed it.

If you are capable of taking the TPS off you should be able to take it to AutoZone and ask them to test it.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher