2002 Ford truck problem

After the recall on the brake switch had been repaired, a plethora of problems followed. My truck would not go into gear, the cruise controll would not work, the back up lights stayed on, 4 wheel drive would go in and out on it's own, the interior fan would not work, etc. . The reason being ( after an expensive repair ) the master cylinder had injected brake fluid through the electric wiring insulation into the interior fuse block causing a complete melt down of all electrical systems. The brake fluid also was injected through the wire insulation to the cruise controll module which also had to be replaced. Of course Ford takes no responsibility. I have read that this problem has also caused fires whether the truck was on or off.

Reply to
jstupprich.oh

I haven't heard of that. but, I had the same Brake Switch recall done on my '95 Bronco, and the Service Writer did it in the parking lot. He did not do anything that affected the brake fluid. The Recall Part is one that they could have mailed to you and you could have installed it yourself. It consists of a wire loom. You unplug the electric wires at the master cylinder, plug the Recall Part in, then plug the electric wires into the Recall Part. I seem to recall a ground wire, the guy had to loosen a screw and attach the ground to it, then tighten the screw again. I'm fuzzy on the part about the ground wire though ...

In any case, it is easy for me to think that the leak was pre-existing, and is not related to the recall in anyway ...

Sorry.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"Injected brake fluid through the electric wiring insulation into the interior fuse block?"

Nice theory. Complete bullshit.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

POINT OF ORDER It wasn't my theory ...