2002 Windstar 3.8 Engine

I had a 1996 which had a 3.8 motor and had some problems with engine. Is the

2002 model a better motor? Any other known issues??
Reply to
Haggar

At onr time a lot of people were putting 3.8 Ford engines in airplanes. Couldn't be too unreliable. But in general this is considered a dog engine by Fordisti.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Really! My '98 Windstar, which I had for 7 years and 95k, had a 3.8L and it ran like a beast! That vehicle was sold with 125k on it and that motor ran as strong then as it did the day I bought the vehicle. Go figure!

I used nothing but Mobil 1 in it and the only work that motor ever needed, outside of regular maintenance, was replacing the intake manifold runner controls at about 110k miles. Otherwise I never had a second's worth of trouble with it.

Now the tranny was another story.........

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Reply to
David F. Mishiwiec Sr.

Yes and there's too many to list. Not so much the physical motor as the electronics that Ford use on the Windstar Gineapig. I swear ever new fangled electronic ge gaw and testing complete redesigned bonehead systems like. Lets not have a chassis ground on this one. will ground side all the switchs and lights and and that way there will be power to everything all the time. Try hooking up a simple little wheelchair carrier and finding a way to turn on the relocated license plate lamp. yup you need a module that only plugs into one with trailer tow package but they don't include the module. and if you don't have trailer tow your ffffffffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkdddddddddddddddddd. I'm ok now.

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com