1966 Ford F100 4x4 Brake Drums

I have a 1966 Ford F100 4x4, I'm trying to work on the brakes. I am having problems finding specifications on parts for the truck. Does any one have a good web site to get specifications? Right now I'm looking for the max. measurement for the drums. I can't read it on the side of the drums that are on it.

Thanks.. in advance..

Jim

Reply to
jmw

Back in those days things were pretty easy, 9 inch were 9.060, 10 inch were 10.060 etc. In your case the front drums are 11.060, and use 2 inch wide shoes, the rears are the same diameter, but use 1 1/3 inch wide shoes, discard was

11.090

wheel cylinders are still available, so replace don't rebuild.

If your rig doesn't have tandem brakes, now would be a good time to upgrade.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Whitelightning, Thanks for the response. So, you only get .030" to play with on the drum? That doesn't seem to be alot. I guess I'll take them off tomorrow and have them measured. FYI, I knew about LMC Trucks, for other folks another parts place is denniscarpenter.com. Neither place has specs., at least I haven't found them, on their web site.

Thanks for the information you gave me.

Jim.

Reply to
jmw

Out of the box new they are about even measurement, at 11.000, so you have .060 to play with as far as machining is concerned, and allowed a further .030 for wear after that. As long as you don't let them go metal to metal, drums last damn near for ever, unless you are using a real aggressive lining, which I usually recommend against.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning