2005 F-150 KR won't play mp3's?

I just bought a 2005 King Ranch F-150 with the audiophile system. It is supposed to play mp3's. But when I load a disc with mp3 files it display 'CD-ROM' and does nothing. Anyone have any ideas whats going on? Thanks

Reply to
sonofabitchsky

If it's like the one in my Escape, it'll play MP3's on a CD-R, but not a CD-RW. Also, mine will play them if they're ripped to CD as a music file, but won't play a disc that's in MP3 format. A regular music CD gets about 70 minutes of play, but a CD in MP3 format will play hours worth. Bummer! I was hoping to play MP3 format discs, but no go.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom