2005 F-150: Lockers ?

I have a used 2005 F-150 and am not sure what the situation is vis-a-vis lockers.

Performance in snow w/4WD engaged is bad, bad, bad.... much, much worse than my Suburban in 2WD.... And I am ascribing that to the light rear.

In my Suburban, the front wheels were automagically locked when it was in 4WD but the rear wheels needed an add-on differential locker that needed tb manually engaged (which I did not have)

Same deal with this F-150 ?

If there were a diff locker for the rear, could there be a switch or something on the dashboard that I am not seeing.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

When was the last lube service, were the correct gear oil n prob additive used ? Can you do this yourself. Use a ply tube, hold above diff hole over a cardboard, newspaper ground cover. The additive is REALLY SLPPERY.

AMAZON may sell additive.

There are PADS. See pads on internet/UTUBE.

Throw 200 pounds sandbags back of cab.

try 2 foot pedaling. right foot press lightly on gas holding left foot on brake. modulate left foot slightly then release with increasing throttle pressure. Fake the need for a limited slip condition thru the left foot brake.

Tires are equal tween Ford/Burban ? The Burban 4WD has a AAA rating. Check pressures.

Pickups without the sandbags generally are inferior.

everyone has an opinion.

avagadro7

check for warning lights codes....

Reply to