2005 F-150: Lockers ?

I have a used 2005 F-150 and am not sure what the situation is vis-a-vis lockers.
Performance in snow w/4WD engaged is bad, bad, bad.... much, much worse
than my Suburban in 2WD.... And I am ascribing that to the light rear.
In my Suburban, the front wheels were automagically locked when it was in 4WD but the rear wheels needed an add-on differential locker that needed tb manually engaged (which I did not have)
Same deal with this F-150 ?
If there were a diff locker for the rear, could there be a switch or something on the dashboard that I am not seeing.
--
Pete Cresswell

On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 5:54:37 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

When was the last lube service, were the correct gear oil n prob additive used ? Can you do this yourself. Use a ply tube, hold above diff hole over a cardboard, newspaper ground cover. The additive is REALLY SLPPERY.
AMAZON may sell additive.
There are PADS. See pads on internet/UTUBE.
Throw 200 pounds sandbags back of cab.
try 2 foot pedaling. right foot press lightly on gas holding left foot on brake. modulate left foot slightly then release with increasing throttle pressure. Fake the need for a limited slip condition thru the left foot brake.
Tires are equal tween Ford/Burban ? The Burban 4WD has a AAA rating. Check pressures.
Pickups without the sandbags generally are inferior.
everyone has an opinion.
https://www.google.com/#q=driving+a+2005++4wd+Ford+pickup+in+the+snow
On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 7:39:08 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

add to your woes