2006 Ford F350

Hi,

I am going to be getting an F350 Super Duty for work soon and have a question: Does anyone know if there are any available fuse positions to use electronics on an ignition controlled basis? I don't want these things running all the time as there will some current draw that could kill my battery over time.

I know I could just install a new fuse distribution block and use a switch but if I can at all use ignition control I would prefer it. Saves me having to remember to turn anything off...

Any help would be most appreciative!

Thx, Mike snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Mike

Mike-

Purchase the Upfitter Switch option (66S) if you have any say in the order process.

This will give you 4 switches on the instrument panel, operational only when the key is in the run position. These fused switches control four relays; two 30 amp, and two 10 amp circuits. There are four blunt cut wires located behind the fuse box under the steering wheel for you to power whatever you would like.

Also, there are four handy "pass-through" wires going from under the dash through the firewall if you need to get up front for lights, etc.

If you can't get the Upfitter Switch option, there is one other fused unused ignition hot-in-run wire available: circuit 294 has a white/lt blue blunt cut wire on the harness behind the DLC port. This is a 10 amp circuit.

HTH

Mike wrote:

Reply to
ralph

Thanks for the info, not sure if I'll get the switches or not (I was checking them out on the website), our fleet dept pretty much orders what the determine is needed (big company).

If I don't end up with the switches I'll use the other available cct for what I need (it will be just fine).

Thanks!

Reply to
Mike