351 HO Engine....is there a demand for this engine?

I've got an engine out of an '84 truck that my father bought before his

death. He was going to put it into one of his trucks. I remember him telling me that it came out of a truck that had 70,000 miles on it.

Anyway, I don't really have a use for it and was thinking about selling

it, but I'm not sure what to ask. It is a complete engine with carb, alternator, etc.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Weldman

Put it on ebay and let the market set the price.

Reply to
JimV

That was a decent motor - you should get some reasonable interest in it, but it's not like 1984 Ford pickups are Rolls Royces or anything. It'll probably bring $300, or maybe a little more.

Reply to
Joe

It's a Windsor, an ok, but not spectacular engine. If it was a Cleveland, then you would have something. The other consideration is how long has it been sitting? If its been sitting a long time, the cylinders are probably rusted and a rebuild will be in order.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

=_NextPart_000_0043_01C6BEBB.EC438E90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

FYI: If this is the factory engine in the 1984 truck it will not be a =

351C - production of the 351C began with the 1970 model year and ended = during the 1974 model year. Contrary to popular belief, the only = "trucks" equipped with a 351 Cleveland engine by the factory were = '70-'74 Rancheros, which shared the Torino's platform and powertrain = options.

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @ =

Grover C. McCoury III