351 HO Engine....is there a demand for this engine?

I've got an engine out of an '84 truck that my father bought before his death. He was going to put it into one of his trucks. I remember him telling me that it came out of a truck that had 70,000 miles on it.

Anyway, I don't really have a use for it and was thinking about selling it, but I'm not sure what to ask. It is a complete engine with carb, alternator, etc.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Weldman

"Weldman" wrote in news:1155332730.544606.279820@

74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com:

It is just a 351w with a 4bb and slightly hotter cam that was the good

351 eng in those years just before fuel inj. bacame standard. KB
Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

I remember seeing a lot of these in trucks, but did they put them into any cars? I don't remember. Possibly CVPIs.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

351 PI Crowns had the VV carb through 1991 model year, no CFI or EFI, or 4v carbs for some reason. I think one of the reasons they were carbed so long was that a FI Police car would be disabled easily by banging into it, shutting off the fuel pump.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Tom Adkins wrote in news:_rmdnQzQjoxEHkPZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

nope, pkup only, this was the hipo for pkups 351 just before FI made every mtr much better. The cop cars already had FI. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Ahh yes, memories (bad ones) return. The cop cars got the VV and the trucks got the

4-V Holley. Both carbs were absolute turds with lots of problems. I won't sleep tonight because of the recalled memories of driveability concerns in my early Tech days. ;) I had repressed those days. The motor itself was quite good IIRC. I recall wondering why a CFI version never made it into the civillian CVs. There were hood clearance issues with the Mustangs IIRC.
Reply to
Tom Adkins

Civilian 302/5.0 CVs had CFI '83-'84-'85', EFI from then on, I'm guessing there was an emissions issue with the 351/5.8 in CFI trim.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

& the 351 HO was a popular option in the Bronco, as well as standard equipment in most of the inboard competition ski boats of the day.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1