460 Ford 350

Hi Guys, My Motorhome is an '87. I love it, but, we all want more, Right? a little better ooomph? Will dual exhaust help? Camshaft timing? It has original 4 barrel, anything there? Better ignition? I'm not out to spend a lot of $'s, I'm retired. I just thought I might go one better as I have to replace things that go "bump in the night". Oh BTW this is the first truck I have ever owned. Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

You could try a Holley Pro-Jection TBI setup, a 670CFM 2bbl or 700CFM

4BBL is my recommendation since you want low and mid range power. A set of full length headers and a 3-4 inch diameter single exhaust. Single instead of dual for the much better low and mid range. An 'RV' cam would do wonders too, but keep it mild because it is still a stock engine. I don't recall the name of the company, but they make a distributor to fit almost every American made engine with a GM HEI setup. Its a drop in and go system, fully self contained, just add 12V, 8mm(min) wires, the correct spark plugs, time and GO!

You can get everything through JEGS except the exhaust which you would have to get custom bent. It will be hard to get it made without a cat, but ask some local Hot Rodders and they might be able to hook you up.

Reply to
invalid unparseable