5.0 idle lope injector problem?

1991 Ford f150 5.0 AT

I've been trying to get this new engine running correctly without luck.

The rpm will swing wildly at idle 400-500 rpm

The scanner shows an injector pulse width of 7-10 ms and the new O2 sensor is not swinging showing a rich reading.

Any tips guys?

Reply to
Coyote

Is the vacuum hose to the MAP sensor hooked up? Bob

Reply to
Bob

That is too low for idle speed.

Try setting it around 700 with a -/+ of 50 rpm.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

didn't this model have IAC problems?

Reply to
dmac

The idle speed is NOT adjustable, those who mess with the hardstop not knowing what they are doing usually create more problems then they cure.

I still think he forgot to hook up his MAP sensor when he put that new engine in. Bob

Reply to
Bob

I mis-read it. I thought he was trying to set the idle speed himself, down around 4-500.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader