'73 302 convert to electronic ign

Obviously, I can buy the distributor and Module from a parts store. But does anyone have an aftermarket source for the wiring harness? I have a '73 F-150 with 302 and stick and would like to convert it to electronic with duraspark parts.

Reply to
Steve Barker

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:25:11 +0000, Steve Barker rearranged some electrons to form:

It wouldn't be too hard to wire it yourself. There's not a whole lot to those Duraspark modules.

Reply to
David M

A Motors or Chilton manual if nothing else will have the wiring diagram for a Duraspark system. I believe the trucks first had them around 1975 if you wanted to scavenge a system. The simplest way to go is to simply replace the points with a Pertronix unit that needs no wiring harness change and resides completely inside the distributor cap. That along with their coil should be a big boost in driveability and reliability. I am using a very similar unit in my motorcycle and my tractor with great results. I will also be using it in my 351C Torino. You can find them a many parts houses or online at Summitt Racing, Jeg's and others for arounf $80 US.

Reply to
lugnut

Yeah what he said. ;)

'75 was the first year from my experience, my ex!:)-father-in-law's '74 F250 camper special (460) has points. My '75 F150 has the electronic ignition and does it ever work good! :)

As a side note, the first year ('75?) for the F150 didn't offer a

302 tho, at least early on when I orderd mine.

In '78 I figure I wiped out my module nursing along a bad battery, couldn't afford a $25 battery at the time, so I thought. Shortly there after I had to buy a new module, $95 for a no-name and $110 for a Blue Streak, went with the Blue Steak and it's still in there sparkin along. ;)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj