Electronic Ignition Wiring

Trying convert the breaker point system to electronic ignition for my Landcruiser II 1991 model with 22R engine. The electronic ignition comes with the whole distributor with one blue and one black wire. There are no other wires.Can anyone advise me how should I connect the wires?

Reply to
ZhangLu

You might want to give us a clue as to the model of the replacement unit or the maker at least.....

Mike

Mike Romain

"ZhangLu" wrote

Toyota probably standardize its wirings by now. On some import cars the blue wire goes to the + terminal on the coil, while the black wire goes to the - terminal. You will need to connect the ignition switch to the coil + otherwise the car won't run.

Check to see what color the ignition coil currently uses. If you're not sure use a test light in series with the breaker point system and the coil + and see if the car runs. The test light should prevent you from blowing the circuit.

As you can also see in this kit the black goes to coil (-).

Burt

Finally got it! Black ( the wire is black but there's a red sleeve near the connector ) goes to +ve and blue to -ve of ignition coil. This system was manufactured/modified by some local factory and they sell without even an instruction manual. Anyway, thanks so much.

Reply to
ZhangLu