i have a 89 f-150 it has a 302,it ws running good,but lately it has been cutting off,i can start it up and go down the road and when i pull in the road it choke down like and cuts off,it was running good tell we chang the ignition module,and put a new 1 on it (could it be that) we had to pull the distributor up but we pull it up too high and it came out but i set the timing on it and its dead on,what could it be

Reply to
White Boy

Did you put the gel on the module before you installed it. It helps cool it. Bob

GOD BLESS THE USA Member of IPCO- International Pest Control Operators Public message board-

Bob

My 2 cents; Clogged fuel filter? Choke stuck on?

Reply to
Billstein

yes i put the gel on it and it has efi (dose it has choke and if it dose how do i find out if it is that

Reply to
White Boy

It doesn't have a choke.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

EGR valve stuck open, failing fuel pump,

A couple of things that can cause those symptoms.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader